Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Dog Days of Summer

Not much is new here. Ella and I have been enjoying the beautiful hot weather these days. Unfortunately, Ella can't wear her helmet outside for risk of overheating (who would have guessed that wearing layers of foam on your head could do that? ha!), so we have to plan our days to maximize helmet wearing and outdoor fun time. We're trying our best to find a balance between helmet wearing and letting Ella go outside and be a kid. Ella is such a water baby, and will outside in her kiddie pool for hours splashing about.

 Our 'pool' set up on the lawn!



Wyatt enjoys pool water way more than his PERSONALIZED bowl filled with ICE CUBES. I think he finds pool water tastier.

Sometimes we get lucky and get to go "big girl swimming" in Grandma's pool in Niagara on the Lake or my sister's in law's pool. Ella loves this even more than her kiddie pool set up.




Don't even think of putting my helmet on just yet, Poppy! I am loving this weather too much!

So Thursday is our big follow up appointment at Sick Kids to see if we have made any progress with Ella's head shape. Wish us luck! Here's hoping for some good helmet news. I've got everything crossed.

Happy Summer everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Crossing my fingers for good news for you and Ella. I love that serious look on her face in the last pic. Too Cute!

    ReplyDelete